Choosing the right commercial dishwasher for your restaurant could make a big difference in the efficiency of your kitchen. If you get something too small that can’t keep up with your washing, you will quickly run out of dishes. If you get something too large, you may take up valuable space in the line and be wasting energy and money. Here are some suggestions to better answer the question: Which commercial dishwasher is right for my restaurant?
As the name suggests under counter dishwashers fit underneath a counter. They are small, low-setting dishwashers that are closely related to traditional home dishwashers. Under counter dishwashers are great for saving space, but they are not effective for large-volume needs.
- Best Use: Bars, small nursing homes, daycares, churches, and community centers
- Capacity: Up to 35 small dishwasher racks per hour
Door-type dishwashers are loaded from the front, and most of them have a side door to pass the racks through when they are finished. These are great space savers because they fit into the corner of most dishwashing areas, with dish tables on both sides for efficiency. They work well for small establishments that need more than an under counter dishwasher.
- Best Use: Small restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools that serve up to 250 meals during breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Capacity: Up to 80 dish racks an hour
Conveyor dishwashers are some of the largest models in the industry. They work much like an assembly line, where dishes come in the front dirty and come out of the back clean. While there are differences in size based on capacity, most conveyor dishwashers are large and best suited for big kitchens.
- Best Use: Hospitals, large restaurants, university dining halls, large cafeterias, and other establishments serving 250-1500 meals in peak hours
- Capacity: Up to 400 dishwasher racks per hour
How to Pick the Best Commercial Dishwasher
Consider the size of your kitchen and the overall needs of your establishment. If you only serve 50 meals during your peak hours, you would have no reason to buy a conveyor dishwasher. If you need to wash dishes for a buffet-style restaurant, an under counter machine will not be enough for you. When you want the best fit for your commercial kitchen, you will find the best commercial dishwasher at Oswalt. Come into our showroom or call to talk to our experts!